Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Thing Leads to Another

Well, the plot thickens! Looking around my tiny apartment for a place to set up my sewing project. I do have Mama's little folding table, BUT I have my jurassic pc on it. Oops! Um,let's see. How about my little drop-leaf kitchen table? That's possible, I guess, once I get rid of the plant, parafin bath, meds tote and last several days mail.

I hope you can hear me. I'm snickering now, remembering how I referred to Mama as a 'pack rat'. Ah, the apple never falls far from the tree, does it? Now, if I move the parafin bath to the bathroom, which really is probably a safer place for it anyway, I will have to rearrange the shelf where the towels are. Wouldn't want to put it anywhere but the low shelf. Don't fancy spilling hot wax down my front while reaching up high to dip my poor hands!

So, if I move the towels up one shelf, where can I put the stuff that's already up there? Lotions, perfume, hair stuff, bath powder. I guess I can condense it on one side of the shelf. If I keep moving things up, I'll have to stand on a box to get them down! Ouch! If I crowd that stuff too much, I seem to be prone to knocking one thing off on my head while reaching for another. No! Don't fall in there!! Yuck.

OK, so I put the prone to falling on my head (and elsewhere) items in a little basket. That way I can slide it out, get what I want out of it, and slide it back. Now, where do I put the washcloths and hand towels that were in it? If only my bathroom were bigger! I know! I'll move the toilet tissue from the shelf to under the sink. Wait, remember what happened last summer when the grands were running in and out filling water balloons? Had to throw away a whole package of tissue that somehow got wet under there. That's why I moved it up to the shelf.

There's only one rational plan. I'll hit the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores tomorrow and find a computer stand. Then I can use Mama's little sewing table for sewing! What a grand idea! Why didn't I think of that sooner? Now, about that mail...

No comments:

Post a Comment