Saturday, April 4, 2009

Good Cake, Bad Antenna

Finally! PC moved to computer stand and everything hooked back up. All those cords and cables! Good grief. But it's very nice, and set up better than the sewing table! Which is now in my bedroom with Mama's little Singer portable on it. Progress! Sunday afternoon I plan to fire it up and see if it still runs. It is so cute, just a little miniature of the big one Mama sewed on for so many years. I'm not sure how old it is, but know for sure that it is an antique.

I tried to leave a post on the sewing machine giveaway site, but it wouldn't let me. I figure it was Mama's little Singer putting a jinx on me so I couldn't replace it!

The search for an antenna that actually works continues. I'm on number three now, and it is going back to the store Monday. It's discouraging to see how they all claim to be just what I need, and all turn out to be nothing like what I need.

So far no repeat visitors at daughter's house. Traps remain baited and ready for action. Daughter is very jumpy, sees intruders in every shadow. The 'warrior' is very disappointed that there have been no further victims - he is in the gore-loving stage. Every stick he picks up is either a sword or a gun. I think he would love to be deputized to dispose of the next body. But it ain't gonna happen.

I may have to change the 'lawyer's name to the chef! She made her mom's birthday cake all by herself, including frosting and decorating! All I did was set the oven temperature. She was so proud and did a very good job. It's hard for me to realize that is really not so amazing - she is ten years old. But to me she is still as little as the 'warrior' and it still surprises me when I realize how grown up she really is!

Tomorrow's a busy day. Don't want to be late for Sunday School! Time for bed and hopefully sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning . It's goin to be nice day here . I hope there too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammy,I come back. I'm sorry about my french leave. Recently I'm too busy to write my earthquake story. I should have told you before. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete